Wednesday, February 25

Blog direction

I've been thinking about this more recently about what this blog should be about.

Originally I wanted this blog to chronicle a novel I wanted complete sometime in the next few years called, 'Ask a Hopeless Romantic.' I wanted to set it up so that anyone who felt inclined to could send me a romance question and I could answer it. I wasn't exactly sure on how to set it up so the unquestionables couldn't ask me anything 'weird' so I ended up abandoning the idea even though the story is still in works.

Every so often when I peruse a blog entry, I go, "Gee, I should post something like that up." But I couldn't decide if I wanted a certain theme because the threat of choosing one subcategory would make it neat but ultimately confine to one category. If I went all or nothing, it'd be ecletic, yes, but also possibly confusing for someone trying to guide their way through my blog.

Maybe I should do a all-tutorial thing where every day or every week I post a tutorial on how to do something/how it works/so on and so forth. That'd be useful and create a theme, yet not restrain my curious soul.

I think what this blog's message is not to chronicle my life but give it a sort of record of the physical manifestation of my thoughts. I'd love it if it became popular, but even if it doesn't, I can look and be proud of what I created.

So yeah. I think it's a work in progress.

Please stay tuned for any last minute decisions or flighty plans.

No comments: