Friday, March 5

CDKitchen 100: Recipe 5

AHA!

Bet you thought I was going to do another Violet Beauregarde plug, huh? Didn't ya? Didn't ya!?

But I gotcha, heh heh heh.

Nope, instead it is Bluebeard, Europe's own ever-eligible bachelor who just can't stop murdering his wives. (This picture does him no justice -- he had to have been a stud otherwise why would so many girls marry him?)

...And the reason I picked him is because his name sort of sounds like "Blue Bread."

I am so clever it frightens me sometimes.

Ending off the wonderful (terrible?) trifecta of blueberry recipes, I've got to say that out of the three, I ended up eating most of this recipe's product than any of the other ones (blueberry ones that is.) It was delicious, a sort of "staple" food that could work as dessert, breakfast, and a snack, and it even satisfied me when I had a sweet craving. It was really fun to make too.

Blueberry Bread


Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup of margarine (I used butter)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup milk (I didn't have much "real" milk left so I substituted for condensed milk)
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup blueberries
First, we're just gonna toss in both eggs, butter, and sugar, and mash it together until it's got a nice creamy substance to it.




Oh yeah, you know what Mama likes...

Even though the recipe said to alternate between flour/dry ingredients and milk, I just poured all the flour in...



...and then I poured the milk. (Oops on my part.)




Then add the vanilla:



Now it's looking quite marvelous if I do say so myself!



Take a loaf pan and grease it (I used some baking PAM)



Flour the pan


Pour in the batter



The finished product:

Is that a loaf in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Impressions:
  • It tasted more like pound cake rather than actual bread, per se.
  • The baking time given on the original recipe was way too long. Like, thirty minutes too long I think. By the time I opened the oven (about ten minutes early) it was a very dark brown. It was still edible, mind you, but I think it would've been tastier if it was a nice golden brown instead of a tan color.
  • It was easy to make which is a super huge plus in my book.
  • It was delicious, and I think I'll definitely make this again with revisions to it.
Found via CDKitchen (original recipe: Blueberry Bread).

No comments: